LUXEMBOURG – The ten most inspiring Ideas from Europe with the potential to change the world have been selected. These will be presented in full on March 31 2016 at the Knights Hall in The Hague.
These ten ideas were selected out of 25 speakers, all representing a member of the European Union and Norway, by a jury consisting of Corinne Vigreux, Co-founder of TomTom, Diego De Biasio, CEO of Technoport Luxembourg and Kristin Schreiber, Director for SME Policy, European Commission. The finals were held at the 2015 SME Assembly in Luxembourg.
The ten winners are:
- Nora Khaldi, Nuritas, Ireland
- Gerhard Dust, Polycare, Germany
- Cécile Real, Endodiag, France
- Lorenzo Pradella, Greenbone, Italy
- Nathan Farrugia, Empower, Malta
- Anita Schjøll Brede, Piecing together the puzzle, Norway
- Stefania Druga, HacKIDemia, Romania
- Pirkka Palomäki, Enevo, Finland
- Kenny Ewan, WeFarm UK
- Jos Joore, Mimetas Netherlands
The 11th idea will be a wildcard, you can vote for whom you want to win via the website: ideasfromeurope.eu until January 31st 2016. The eleventh speaker will join the above ten in The Hague on March 31 2016.
The initiative, which is part of the Dutch Presidency of the Council of the European Union in cooperation with the European Commission, aims to show that Europe’s future is in the hands of today’s entrepreneurs as they are the creators of businesses and jobs. By sharing their ideas they will inspire and encourage people to use their entrepreneurial spirit and, in turn, become the lifeblood of Europe’s economy.